Event information: "Do-it-Yourself" Metrogaine-Cyclegaine
DO IT YOURSELF" EASTER METROGAINE-CYCLEGAINE
5PM Sunday 16th April 2017 to 5PM Sunday 23th April 2017
IT'S EASTER - WE WANT TO RUN OR CYCLE BUT CAN'T BE THERE ON SUNDAY 16TH APRIL WITH EVERYONE ELSE AT THE METROGAINE-CYCLEGAINE ... WELL READ ON IF YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS OUT !!!!
If you participated in the recent TTOC Survey, than you might have noticed that Easter Sunday was still the most popular option for the Metrogaine ... but we don't want you to miss out :)
On Sunday 16th April at 5pm - TTOC will place a copy of the map and clues from the Riverway Metrogaine onto the FB Group (and share to page). These docs will remain available until 1700h Sunday 23rd April. Anyone who wants to complete a 3h or 1h metrogaine or cyclegaine event can download the documents and head out and complete the event over the next 7 days ....
1) Download map and cluesheet
2) Head out the start point at Riverway
3) Make sure you have your Garmin on or download a free tracker APP like map-my-run onto your phone (and take your phone !!)
4) Head out and complete whichever course you choose (1h or 3h foot or 1h or 3h bike)
5) Finish your event and post a selfie to TTOC FB ... OK you don't have to do that, but put the challenge out there for others by showing that you have done it on your own !!!
6) EVIDENCE - Send the following "proof of completion" documents to Linda via email TTOC4810@gmail.com or via FB Messenger to TTOC or Linda .. don't put your evidence directly onto the TTOC FB page or people will see your route choice before they do it !!
a) photo of your completed cluesheet
b) screenshot of your Garmin or APP Route Map
7) RESULTS - will be posted after 5pm on Sunday 23rd when the courses have officially closed and maps are removed. Your results will be kept separate to the competitiors "on the day" as we can't monitor a strict 15min prep time !!!!
This is a great training opportunity - complete the course via as many means as you want, bike 3h, then run at night 3h, night ride 3h, day ride 1h ... back a 1h ride onto a 1hr run ... what ever floats your boat !!
1) Tell someone (friend, family member) what you are doing, no-one from TTOC will be there to help you out if you get lost or dehydrated (or don't come home)
2) Carry an adequate amount of water if you are doing this during the day and have end-of-event fluids in the car
3) Night means headlamps - carry enough batteries !! Strongly suggest not running alone at Riverway at night.
4) Make sure your bike is in good condition
5) This will be recorded as an official OQ event, however if you want to be covered under OQ Insurance, we need to know you are out there PRIOR to you departing, so flick Linda or TTOC a FB message and give us a heads up if you are planning on participating (Hey TTOC, I'm heading out tomorrow morning on the bike for 3h ... thats enough info for us ... oh n your real name is good too if you have a FB alias !!!).
Any questions - drop TTOC a FB message or email TTOC4810@gmail.com
|Organiser||Totally Tropical Orienteering Club|
|Date||Sunday 16 April 2017 at 17:00 - Sunday 23 April 2017 at 17:00 EST|
|Event classification||Club event|
|Time of event||day and night combined|
|Classes||The event has no classes.|
|Contact person||Linda Davis|
|Contact phone number||0418154026|
Enter on the day is available.